Monday, December 12, 2011

Here Comes ... The Hand





I have to explain something about me to start this blog with. I can be stubborn at times. Not in a bad way though, in a good way usually. I don't just jump at the first thing that comes to mind. If I am considering a purchase, I don't just buy it because it is on sale. I research it, usually by "google-ing" the terms and reading reviews. Then if I have the opportunity, I like to try it out in the store before I make the final purchase.
I also don't jump on the "bandwagon" so to speak when it comes to doing things that are new. I think things through and make sure that the desired ending really is a possibility.
So I am sure that there are times when God probably gets frustrated with me.
Like yesterday at church. I was sitting in my seat as the preacher was winding up his sermon, reflecting on some thing that he had said when a "voice" inside of me said, "Go to the altar."
I sat there a few minutes and it was repeated to me.
Now, if you've read my blog for any length of time, you've read the other blogs where I was told something by a voice that was inaudible to anyone else. And I followed the instructions as told and GREAT things happened as a result.
But yesterday i was in one of my stubborn moods. I didn't want to go up front. I didn't feel like I had anything that I wanted to go to the altar specifically and pray about that I couldn't just pray where I was.
So I said no. Yeah, I know, not the brightest thing to ever happen, but I did it anyway.
Again I was told to go to the altar. I knew it was God and I told Him that I didn't feel like having anyone go up there and pray with me, and I know our congregation, I knew someone would, and I knew who the first person to be there with me would be. (love ya daniel!)
So my pulse started to quicken, my blood pressure was rising and i was feeling a little bit fuller in my chest area than what would be considered normal.
"OK, OK, dang it, I'll go."
The preacher was still going on with his prayer, so I closed my bible and walked down to the altar.
Sure enough, it wasn't but a minute and I felt Daniels hand and I heard his voice as he prayed over me.
Then, I felt another hand on the other shoulder. A lighter touch, more of just a reassuring touch really.
So I figured his wife or someone had come up and started praying too. By this time the tears had started to flow and I knelt there, not really knowing what to say, only that I knew I was supposed to be there.
When I got up, I saw Daniel making his way back to the congregation, but no one else.
So I figured it had been someone who was seated closer to where I had knelt and that they had gotten seated before I stood up and turned around.
I asked my wife about it while we were at the restaurant eating after the service and she said that no one else had come up there with Daniel. It was just him. There was no one else on the other side.
I've always heard the term "The Hand of God" but I didn't really think of it in a literal way, just figuratively since I have not seen any sightings of God since the Old Testament and the Gospels. (I count Jesus the same as God, though he was His son, but through Jesus and the Holy Spirit they form the Trinity with God the Father.)
Clarification Point: I have been healed by God, led by God, and I have heard His voice, but I have never seen him with my eyes in anyway depicted in the bible.
Anyway, i believe i truly had the hand of God resting upon me. I don't know why, and I'm sure it will be revealed to me, just as the reasons for some of the other things He has had me do in the last week.
So God, I publicly acknowledge what you have done for me, not just yesterday, but for many years now, and I eagerly await what you have in store for me. And thank you that you love this sometimes stubborn man who loves You very much.
By the way, for anyone wondering, He has the perfect touch; not too heavy, not too tight, just right!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Keith. What a neat story to share! God's grace is truly abundant and His blessings plentiful. How neat that you had this experience. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.