Wednesday, June 29, 2011

(9) The only time people lock their cars in the parking lot is during the summer and only so no one leaves them another bag of tomatoes!

(9) The only time people lock their cars in the parking lot is during the summer and only so no one leaves them another bag of tomatoes!

Wouldn’t it be nice if the world were a safer place and we could live like that all the time? I remember growing up when the windows would be raised during the summer so that the breeze could blow in. Doors were rarely locked, and neighbors went in the other neighbors houses while they were away to “keep an eye on things.”
But today’s world is another reality altogether. Doors are locked in our cars the instant we step out of them and in newer cars, alarms are set to warn possible intruders. Houses have locks on the handles, and deadbolts in addition to sometimes chains that are put across the doorway.
But I don’t want to concentrate on just this aspect of #9.
One of my favorite sayings is, “You can’t outgive God.” And you can’t. He owns everything on this earth. You say, “well, man made such and such, God didn’t.” Well, there are two ways to look at it. In the US (I’m not sure of the laws of other countries) if you have something that you leave on someone else’s property, especially if it is attached, it becomes “abandoned” and is then their property. So unless the item you’re talking about is suspended in the air (and since God created that, I don’t think it counts) it belongs to God, as he owns the earth. He made it, He put many things on it, and He allows it to continue to flourish.
So why is it that we sometimes refuse to accept any more blessings, whether from man or God. You may say that you don’t want to be “overwhelmed.” Well I say, “Overwhelm Me.” If I don’t need it, or I’m afraid that it will spoil before I can use it, I’ll find someone who will. If I am blessed and in need of nothing, let me find someone who is in need. Then let me bless them. (Hear that God? I’m ready for more blessings!)
Quit turning down opportunities for betterment because you feel like your plate is full. If you have a chance to obtain something, even if you don’t see how you can use it right then, do it anyway! God is not going to give you something that you’ll never need. He provides each of us with the tools and knowledge to do what we need to. We just need to realize that He uses others sometimes to further His goals. And if you need the strength to go after whatever it is, then pray for strength. But make the first step. Don’t shut out others or God. Welcome them both in and your life will be richer for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.