Monday, March 28, 2011

HELLO?!? IS ANYBODY HERE!?!

Jehovah Shammah
I’ve had times where I thought that no one cared about me, no one loved me, and that God had forgotten about me. Have you ever experienced that? Please tell me someone has, so that I won’t think I’m the only one!
Divorced, no money to speak of … (used what I had to pay off everything so at least I had no loans hanging over my head), and no job. Disability pay was minimal, just enough to keep a roof over my head. Friends are few (people just don’t seem to have time for you anymore when you don’t have something to offer them) and so my time is spent twiddling my thumbs, watching TV, and building plastic models (yes, I know, most grownups outgrow them.)
GOD!! WHERE ARE YOU?? I wanted to be in the ministry, but for a multitude of reasons, I found myself out of it. The church turned its back on me. So surely God had done the same.
WRONG!
But it caused me to turn my back on God. I quit going to church. I quit even thinking about or praying to God.
Notice the “I” in the above sentences. God had never quit anything.
Jehovah-Shammah, the God who is always There!
He still was here. Guiding my steps to bring me back to where He wanted me to be. Even when I thought I was making my own choices, it was still Him who ordered my steps.
I eventually met someone who would bring me back to church, back to God and eventually back to ministry. Yep, I can see already where I am being used by God to minister to others.
God kept me safe. When I put the gun to my head and pulled the trigger, He kept it from going off. When I tried in so many ways to escape life, He still kept his arms around me and held on tightly.
Thank God for God. My faith is now stronger, my walk will continue to improve and be what it should be. I will be a SUCCESS (see previous blog) again in His eyes. And that is all that matters to me anymore.
I’ve talked about a few names for God for the last few blogs. I want to take a short break and talk more about the Upside Down Christianity in the next blogs, now that you have an understanding of where I’m coming from, and hopefully I have turned your Christianity and/or perceptions of God on its head. I want you to get the church out of Christianity and back to God. The world sees Christianity by the church. And most of us think that is all there is to it. Let’s explore more about what Christianity is, so that when we go to our churches, they become Christian again, and not the social clubs that we have now.
ps.... The church still plays a vital role in Christianity, but it is only a part, not the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.