Monday, March 21, 2011

The One You're Most Likely Not to Meet In Most Churches

People can be cruel, weird, supportive and just down right strange. I’ve had people call me or stop me before I left church and tell me that they really got something from my message, and how appreciative they were that I had given them something that they could apply in their daily lives.
I’ve had people call me to the side and bless me out. “How dare you talk about me like that? I didn’t think my wife would go through with her threat to tell you what I did!” (I’m scratching my head trying to figure out what they are talking about. Evidently, they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar.) I just preached what I felt was laid on my heart, and I said what needed to be said. Truth was, most of the women told me nothing, and supplied me with lot’s of treats and goodies to eat when I came to visit.
Have you ever noticed that people come to church to socialize? I’ve had people tell me that I needed to bust up someones “clic”, while theirs was truthfully causing more harm than the aforementioned one. But since it was their clic, that was okay. Everyone wants to meet all of the other “important” people who attend, desperately hoping to gain their favor and “get ahead” in life. Somehow no one ever shows up, expecting to meet the one person who matters the most! ME! No…. just kidding….
Do you know who I’m talking about? Who do you go to church to meet? The lawyer who you heard is hiring, and your son is about to graduate and hopefully pass the bar? The contractor who has broad shoulders, tanned lines, and a chest you could sink your face into? The girl from the grocery store. You know, the one who always wears low cut tops, and when she bends over to bag your groceries, her “ample wares” are displayed for your viewing pleasure?
WRONG ANSWER!
GOD…. 3 Letters… Count them G  O  D. He is always there, waiting on us to come and worship Him. Not just sing “I Love You Lord” in a praise song and go back home and exclaim GD the first five minutes that we’re in the house.
Worship God, the one who can deliver you from the load that has you tilted at a 45 degree angle. Jehovah Rophe, your healer. Jehovah Jireh, your provider (since the cupboards are getting kinda bare and the unemployment checks have quit coming.) Did you know that there are many distinct names of God. There are 12 that define the very essence of who He can be to us, if only we will let him.
(next segment … Mommy, will you kiss my boo-boo and make it well)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.