Friday, April 15, 2011

Upsy, Downsy, Topsy, Turvy

April is kinda crazy here in the south with storms as the seasons change from cold to hot. You never know from one day to the next what the temps are going to be. For example, today’s high in the 80’s, in just a couple of days, it slides to 60’s, and possibly 50’s. And it will rebound, and probably quickly. This is par for the course for this time of year.
As humans, aren’t we the same way sometimes? One day we can be friendly to everyone. We hold the door coming out of the store for the person behind us. We say hi to people we meet on the street that we don’t know and probably will never meet again. We tell the server thank you for doing something small like refilling our drink at the restaurant.
The next day we pull on the bar attached to the door so that it smacks the girl in the arm behind us, we growl when someone says hi to us on the street, and we get mad and threaten to throw our glass at the waitress if she doesn’t refill the sip that we took from it.
What if God was like that? What if He was unpredictable and we couldn’t count on him being there for us, or hearing our cry in time of trouble? What if He smacked us upside of the head for no reason just because Satan got on His nerves again? But He isn’t like that. God is for us, not against us. And I believe that the Trinity is 3 separate parts of one being (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). Sometimes I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of splitting one being into 3, although when I was raising my kids, there are many times that it would have come in handy! So if God is for us, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit are also for us.
As Christians we are supposed to be “Christ-like” at all times. Granted, it isn’t easy. There are times when people make me so mad and upset, I want revenge, and I want it BIG TIME. I’m not saying that it’s right. It isn’t. But I’m human, and it is human to be like that. So how do we attempt to be “Christ-like”?
Jesus goes to God all the time on our behalf, interceding on our behalf. So we need to be going to Jesus in prayer, thereby following by example.
So I should spend all my time on my knees? NO. You are expected to do a lot more things than just pray. You should always be thankful, worshipful and many other things, but these two can keep you in a better mindset so that when conflict comes your way, and it will come your way, you’ll be ready to handle it in a “Christ-like” manner.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.